Monday, October 19, 2015

Oh M

I´m not very good at updating in a timely fashion, but a lot has been going on.  A week and a half ago I wrote about how M was coming back to La Ceiba to take her sick baby to the hospital.  She brought her and I met her there with food and some money to help with blood tests and medicine.

Thursday night when M got here I went to be with her for a little while up at the hospital.  She told me there weren´t beds and that she and the baby would be sleeping in the waiting room.  Have you ever tried to sleep sitting up in a chair while holding a 3 month old baby?  So I took her my most favorite Baby B'jorn that I use with my babies so that she could sleep while not having to worry about the baby sliding off of her lap.  I took some diapers and food and breakfast for the morning.  I sat with her and we talked about all kinds of different things.

Friday I took her some lunch and went for a visit with our two house moms.  We dreamed of how different life would be for her when she entered the house.  We talked about studying and job options and the future of her daughter E.  We left with promises to hear from her the next morning because they were supposed to be releasing her daughter.  E was looking very healthy and ready to go home, to a new home!

Saturday morning came and went with no phone call from M.  I started to get worried about lunch time that the baby had gotten worse and that they had kept her.  But no.  I made enough phone calls to find out that they had checked out of the hospital and are MIA again.  And I was sad.  Just sad.

I don't in any way regret the help we gave to her (although I wish she had returned my baby b'jorn) because the baby is not at fault in any of this.  They needed food and medicine and a listening ear.  But the deception kills me.  I know that it is scary to dream of change and make a decision that is so different from your past.  Its a decision to let others help you, to submit to new rules and a new style of living, its a decision to join a family.  But M just can't seem to make it.  And that's okay.  But I hate that it came through lies and deception and another disappearing act so that I cannot even follow up with her.

Will you pray with me that M will get back in touch with me?  Not to move into the house, but just to be able to keep following up with her and tell her more about Jesus and the great hope of future that He can give her.

No comments:

Post a Comment