Monday, July 20, 2015

Family Life

The kids are the best! The twins turned 6 months this past week on the 17th... I cannot believe it.  They are just growing up WAY too quickly!  I get so sad sometimes for those who I love who still haven't gotten to meet or really get to know my kids, so I thought I'd share a little bit about them...

Eliana is super curious about everything.  She is so friendly and smiles at anyone who looks her way.  She loves action and adventure, i.e. the johnny jump up and getting thrown up in the air.  She loves the pool, and already kicks like she knows how to swim.  She sat up for the first time this past week and loves to look at books.  She has decided to scream every time we ride in the car and its dark outside, so that's not our favorite trick.  She wants food everytime she sees us eating and has tried carrots, applesauce, avacado and rice cereal.  She is so much fun!

Wesley is a cuddle-bug and so laid-back.  He has his hands in his mouth constantly or any toy that he has managed to hold on to.  His favorite toy is a little giraffe lovey because he loves to suck on the ears.  He is able to roll over and try to crawl, but most of the time it just seems like too much effort.  He is much happier giving flirty smiles and belly laughs when he gets tickled.  He is a little bit of a mama's boy and has moments when he just wants to be with me, but I'm okay with it :)  For the most part he is so flexible and easy-going, that it is fun to spoil him sometimes.  He still has a few digestive issues, but is not far behind in the eating department and is growing well!  He is a joy!

Andres is a little spit-fire these days with the most precious personality.  He brings me flowers to put in my hair and runs to see me if I haven't seen him all day.  He calls me mom instead of mami, which shows that there is some english influence in there and I think his favorite thing to say is "mom, come see... or mom, look!"  He is starting to put together English sentences finally and really expressing his opinion.  He LOVES his little brother and sister and also gets super jealous.  Basically just wants to help with everything... giving them a bottle, making them laugh, helping them swim, whatever, he is right by my side.  And he loves to help me cook... he is basically my little shadow.  He can also swim short distances in the pool by himself and all over with water wings... the pool is his happy place :)

Nicolle is still my best helper.  She is eager and for the most part does things with a really good attitude.  She loves being near me, whether it is snuggling on the bed or running errands.  She is ready to be a grown up and wants to be the one to pay for the groceries or change the babies' diapers.  She is so out-going, has never met a stranger.  And she saves her brother in the kitchen because she is always offering to scramble eggs for him or make him a quesadilla when I say dinner is fend for yourself.  She loves music, riding bikes, painting, making any kind of mess, and quality time!  She also just hangs in her own world as life's little details just seem to escape her most of the time :)  Why is it important whether or not I have shoes on?  I made Eliana laugh all the way to church!  Her English is awesome, but she still makes me laugh when she says paste instead of stick or throwing saliva instead of drooling :)  She really is going to be my mini-me and I love that... but its humbling all at the same time.  She accepted Christ in March and will be baptized in August!  She is a little sponge and soaks up anything and everything that I share with her.

Angel is a rule-following 11 year old.  He is very detail-oriented and the most schedule-driven Honduran that I know.  This kid forgets nothing!  He is all boy and loves soccer, riding bikes, swimming and video games.  We are working on fostering a love of reading and so far the most successful has been Captain Underpants.  He is a funny kid, sometimes at the right time and sometimes I have to remind myself he hasn't grown into humor yet and figured out when its just not quite appropriate, whoops!  He has some pre-teen attitude festering, but he is also quick to repent and show love.  He is thoughtful and kind and a huge help to me.  But he is his daddy's shadow.  He will do anything and everything with Lesther and lives for times alone with his papi.  He responds so well to Lesther and is able to be honest with him and receive advice and guidance.  He is good about talking through things, even with me, and has a mature ability to think reasonably about things, which helps.  He is just starting to want to hang out with new friends and stretch his independence a little bit, but so far he is a trustworthy kid.  I love when I get him alone for a little while, although its rare.  And mami dates almost always include food, that's his favorite!  Angel also came to know Jesus in March and will be baptized in a few weeks, he has some really good questions and is not afraid to talk about spiritual things.  He is the sweetest big brother and loves one-on-one time with the babies.
   




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful kids! I've always loved following up on your blog/newsletters since my mission trip in 2011! It makes me happy to see you & your family looking so happy in Honduras! -Gina

    ReplyDelete