Monday, December 15, 2014

This girl

These two have been living with us for a few months now.  We have really gotten used to them being part of the family.  O yells... Papi, Papi every time Lesther walks in the door and Angel plans playtime with him into his day every afternoon.  We love them :)  But we have always known it was a temporary solution.  She needed a safe place to be for awhile and I needed help around the house while being on pregnancy restrictions.

So yesterday brought many tears.


I can honestly say that I am really proud of this girl and I finally see some maturity happening.  She made a decision to look for a job that would provide for herself and her son and when she found one, she took it, even though it is less than ideal.  We talked a lot about saving as much money as possible to be able to soon move out and get her own place.  She is serious about continuing in her studies and made sure her new employer would give her the time she needs.  She made sure that I would provide pencils and notebooks for the new school year, and with all this in place, she was on her way.

Please pray for her transition and for little O.  K will be living with a family cleaning and cooking for them, but they won't let her bring O with her.  Her sister will take care of him while she is at work and he will only get to see his mom a few times a week.  This is going to be very hard on a little guy who has always been with his mama.  And I'm concerned about him and the situation he will be in, but I'm going to try to keep an eye on him when I can.  Truthfully, I am really thankful that K has taken this first step in moving towards independence.  But I do pray that she will save up quickly and be able to find a job that allows her to move into an apartment with her son very soon!

I was able to pray with her last night as she starts on a new page of her life... we talked about how God goes with her even when she feels like she never lives in one place for very long.  He is her only constant and she has to cling to Him!  She promised she would read a Bible if I get her one (she just got good enough at reading to be able to make that promise!), so I think that will be a good Christmas gift :)  Keep praying for her to know Jesus in a real and personal way and that He would be her anchor as she tries to figure out her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment