Monday, April 15, 2013

Desperate Plea

Humility… nothing makes me feel this more than raising support.  It is so hard to live and run a ministry based on the generosity of others.  I feel like there is more that I should be doing… that I never communicate well enough or write enough thank you notes to let people know how much I appreciate their gifts.  I don’t like asking for money and if it was possible to run ministry based on the dollar tree that grew in my backyard, I would do it.  And yet, in the Lord’s mercy, He gave me no such tree.  And He knew that He would call me to a ministry and life based on support raising and that it would be good for me to learn to trust Him every month that He would provide.  My money and my ministry is, in fact, not based on your generosity, but on the goodness of God.  All the money is His… and He is going to give it to us through you when He is ready to do so.  But… in the waiting, I still seem to stress out every time. 

And right now I’m stressing out because the money isn’t there.  We need monthly donors for my family and Puerta de Esperanza.  We only have about half of what we need to make it month to month and if we have no more pledges then May we will not have enough money.  There, I said it.  That’s the reality of what I go to sleep thinking about every night.  I want to trust Jesus, I really do.  And yet, I think about diapers and food and electricity and how we are going to pay it all.  That’s just honest. 

Last week Kate wrote on her blog… “I am not ashamed to plead with you for these children”.  And I was struck by that… sometimes I am ashamed to ask for money, to ask people to support our ministry.  But these precious lives don’t always get to have a voice for themselves, and so I will plead for them.  Please support us… please consider supporting us monthly.  I would love to tell you specifically how much your money matters… it feeds a 2 year old who came off the street malnourished.  It gives a safe place to live to someone coming out of an abusive relationship.  It allows us to study the Bible one-on-one with 3 moms who are learning to love Jesus deeply.  It allows us to teach discipline and a Godly way to raise your children instead of abuse.  It is giving education and work experience to prepare them for the future.  And I could go on and on and on.  But lets just say this.  I believe in what the Lord is doing here in Puerta de Esperanza and in the lives of these girls.  I believe in it enough to humble ask you to give your hard-earned money to support them and see what the Lord might do in them and in generations to come through them. 

Here are the details…

Checks noted to account number #92413 to
Mission to the World
P.O. Box 116284
Atlanta, GA 30368-6284

Or visit the donations site at https://donations.mtw.org

Please don’t think that any donation is too small to help.  If you can give up one meal out to eat per month and pledge us that money, we can feed about 5 people on that same amount.  We are thankful for whatever the Lord puts on your heart to give… Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment