Monday, August 2, 2010

More fun with Spanish

This morning before school I had a conversation with my mamá tica that went like this…

Me:  Umm… necisito algo para el inodoro porque el agua no sale
(rough translation, I need a plunger)
MT:  ¡Qué torta! (how embarrasing)

Thank you… as if I didn’t know I was embarrased :)

Also found out in class today the literal definition of two foods…

Pico de gallo – A rooster’s beak (you’re putting that on your burrito at Moes!)
Gallo pinto – Spotted rooster (this is the traditional rice and beans breakfast here)

So funny.

This week is crazy b/c its the last week of class and two birthdays!  We have tests and goodbye lunches and Bible study and studying and so many other things too.  I’m going to try to get a newsletter written, but no promises!  Also, I’d love to post blogs on my recent adventures, but no promises there either.  Mostly I’m just trying to keep up :)

1 comment:

  1. isn't it so funny - stuff you never would have thought about before - the first time Mike thought - a burrito....it's a little burro!!!! The fact that you are eating a little burro is quite humerous!

    ReplyDelete